HOTELS NEAR Martinsville Speedway
Are you looking for hotels near Martinsville Speedway?
HOTELS NEAR Martinsville Speedway
- Travelodge Ridgeway Martinsville (.67 miles)
- Comfort Inn Ridgeway (4.79 miles)
- Quality Inn Martinsville Speedway (5.73 miles)
- Hampton Inn Martinsville (5.82 miles)
- Hampton Inn Eden (11.90 miles)
- Virginian Motel (23.22 miles)
- Days Inn Reidsville (24.10 miles)
- Comfort Inn Danville Mall (24.16 miles)
- Quality Inn Reidsville Hwy 29 (24.43 miles)
- Astoria North Extended Stay (24.84 miles)
Discover the Thrills of Martinsville Speedway: The Ultimate NASCAR Adventure
Ever wanted to experience a NASCAR race where you can almost feel the rubber burning under your nose? Welcome to Martinsville Speedway, a legendary short track nestled in the heart of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains. This place isn’t just a racetrack; it’s a hive of high-speed, bumper-to-bumper, “did that just happen?” moments that have kept racing fans on the edge of their seats for decades.
Location and Features
Right off Interstate 81 in Ridgeway, Virginia, Martinsville Speedway isn’t just easy to find – it practically jumps out at you, begging for a visit. This 0.526-mile paperclip-shaped oval track is the stuff of legends. Why a paperclip? Because the turns are tight, and the racing is tighter. Trust me, this track packs more excitement per square inch than a clown car at a circus.
At Martinsville, it’s not just about the racing. They’ve got a Fan Zone that’ll knock your socks off – interactive exhibits, souvenir shops (because who doesn’t love a good T-shirt?), and food that’ll make you forget your diet plans. For the kiddos, there’s a playground and a kid’s zone – because future race car drivers need to start somewhere, right?
Unearthed Secrets and Historical Nuggets
Now, here’s something you might not know: Martinsville Speedway is one of NASCAR’s original tracks, hosting races since 1947. It’s like the granddaddy of racing, full of stories and history. And did you know that those famous Martinsville hot dogs have their own legendary status? They’re a delicious piece of the track’s history, best enjoyed with a side of race-day excitement.
Surrounding Areas: More Than Just a Racetrack
The surrounding area is a treasure trove of activities. You’ve got the Blue Ridge Mountains for hiking, scenic drives, and pondering life’s mysteries. There’s also the Virginia Museum of Natural History in nearby Martinsville city for the curious minds. And for the fishers and boaters, Philpott Lake is a stone’s throw away.
Planning Your Visit
Here’s your game plan for tackling Martinsville Speedway:
- Check the schedule: Scope out the Martinsville Speedway website for race dates and events.
- Purchase tickets in advance: Get ’em online or at the track, but get ’em early.
- Arrive early: Good spots go fast, and you don’t want to miss the green flag.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat: Virginia weather likes surprises.
- Pack snacks and drinks: Keep those energy levels high.
- Enjoy the race!: Soak in the thrill of one of NASCAR’s most exciting tracks.
The Finish Line
In the end, Martinsville Speedway is more than just left turns. It’s a high-octane adventure, a family getaway, and a stroll through racing history. And after a day of thrills, you’ll need a comfy bed. Check out our list of the closest hotels to keep the dream of speed alive even in your sleep.
So, folks, fire up your engines, pack your enthusiasm, and race down to Martinsville Speedway. It’s not just a track; it’s an experience!
Check out the map to see all the hotels near Martinsville Speedway
FIND YOUR PERFECT HOTEL NOW
Hotels That! may earn a small commission from any purchases made by clicking on the search form above