HOTELS NEAR The Mystery Spot
Are you looking for hotels near The Mystery Spot?
HOTELS NEAR The Mystery Spot
- Inn at Pasatiempo (1.62 miles)
- Hilton Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley (1.79 miles)
- Best Western Inn (2.46 miles)
- Comfort Inn Santa Cruz (2.48 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Santa Cruz (2.52 miles)
- Hampton Inn Santa Cruz (2.52 miles)
- Four Points Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley (2.63 miles)
- Quality Inn Santa Cruz (2.64 miles)
- SureStay Hotel Santa Cruz (2.72 miles)
- Hotel Paradox (2.95 miles)
X Marks the Mystery Spot! This popular attraction is located amongst the equally mysterious redwood forests just outside of Santa Cruz, California. Mystery Spot is given this name because when you visit, you can experience optical illusions and strange gravitational anomalies – but don’t worry, no apples will fall on your head – but you may get some paranormal knowledge dropped on you while you are there.
The Mystery Spot, in all its surreality, was discovered in 1939 by a group of surveyors who said “WTF is wrong with our measuring tools” when they visited the area. Actually, the odd behavior from their equipment was enough to lead to the site becoming an entertaining and mystifying visitors attraction ever since.
What is Mysterious About Mystery Spot
When you head to Mystery Spot, be prepared for these incredible features:
1. The Gravity House – No, not Sir Isaac Newton’s home, but instead this is the main attraction at the Mystery Spot, a tilted cabin that appears to defy the laws of gravity. You can stand at various angles and notice things like water flowing uphill, balls rolling upwards and so forth.
2. The Vortex Area – A circular clearing in the forest will allow you to experience unusual sensations, such as feeling dizzy or disoriented. That’s not a space portal opening up – or is it…
3. The Mystery Tree – Maybe you know of the Giving Tree, well this is the Mystery Tree and it is a redwood tree that appears to grow at a 45-degree angle. This tree does what it wants.
4. The Mystery Spot Gift Shop – There should be no mystery that you want to check out the gift shop while you are there and buy some mystery gifts for your friends and family to prove that you can defy gravity.
5. The Mystery Spot Trail – Don’t wander off just yet, but if you do, you can take a short hike through the redwoods. This trail has many beautiful views of the forest and wildlife in the local area.
Why So Mysterious?
What makes this place so mysterious? Well, even with extensive investigations by scientists and researchers, the cause of the Mystery Spot’s strange phenomena remains a mystery.
There are a few theories out there that suggest the spot is situated on a geological fault, or an ancient Native American burial ground, while others propose that it is the result of supernatural forces or extraterrestrial activity – Area 51 anyone?
Whatever the explanation, it is a good time for all and a great way to spend the day. When you do plan your visit, don’t let finding a hotel close by remain a mystery. Check out or list of the nearest locations to stay at and enjoy your paranormal activities at the Mystery Spot!
Check out the map to see all the hotels near The Mystery Spot
FIND YOUR PERFECT HOTEL NOW
Hotels That! may earn a small commission from any purchases made by clicking on the search form above